[oe] klibc problems

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Thu Apr 2 09:44:28 UTC 2009

Khem Raj wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 April 2009 05:03:59 Graeme Gregory wrote:
>
>> Ok, its no mystery to some people that klibc has problems with modern
>> kernels.
>>
>> But I think we also have a problem with the package in OE. Seeing as
>> klibc is machine dependent in that it includes mach-XXX/include/mach/*.h
>> files it really should not be staged as part of the base arch. I think
>> we need to stage it into ${MACHINE_ARCH} the same was as the kernel is.
>>
>> We can then work on fixing the application compiles.
>>

> How much work this would be.

Not sure, in theory its a new variable KLIBC_STAGING_DIR and a different
do_stage(), I guess this could be hidden in a klibc.bbclass.

>> I think I have a
>> suitable hack.
>>

> post it.

Attaching the changes to this message, they arent 100% complete but
should give an indication where I was going with them.

Basic workings of the hack are use the kernel Makefile to kick out what
machine the kernel was configured for. Then link that machine in the
include/ hierarchy of klibc.

Graeme