[oe] [RFC] make preferred openssl version match for -native recipe

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at bolloretelecom.eu
Thu Apr 2 16:23:01 UTC 2009

>> So anticipate that your builds may fail if a new version of openssl is
>> built; the failure mode would be the inability for the app to find the
>> old version of the library in the staging area.

Some packages fail in a very un-obvious way, most notably "python-native" which will spew
the following error:

ImportError: No module named _md5

So far, I have found the following commonly used packages which need rebuilding:

cmake-native
python-native
git-native

Jeremy LAINE
Bolloré telecom | 11bis, rue Scribe | F-75009 Paris