[oe] cmake

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Thu Apr 2 18:07:54 UTC 2009

On 02-04-09 18:44, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Jeremy Lainé
> <jeremy.laine at bolloretelecom.eu>  wrote:
>> Shane Dixon wrote:
>>> I'm considering changing my projects over to cmake, but before I do, I
>>> wanted to ask how good the cmake support is in OE.  I saw a recent
>>> proposal to allow out-of-tree builds for cmake, but I'm not sure if that
>>> happened or not.
>>
>> At work we recently switched our projects over to CMake and they are building happily in
>> OE. Out-of-tree builds are indeed supported, see recipes/llvm/llvm.inc for an example.
>
> What do you mean by out-of-tree?

S=work/foo-1.2-r0/foo-1.2/
B=work/foo-1.2-r0/build-foo-1.2

All generated stuff (makefiles, objects, binaries, etc) will end up in B
so that S stays clean.

I'd like out-of-tree builds to be the default for autotools and cmake,
but there are way too many broken autofoo and cmake using packages out
there :(

regards,

Koen