[oe] [STABLE] branch created: stable/2009

Esben Haabendal esbenhaabendal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 23:55:09 UTC 2009

2009/4/3 Marcin Juszkiewicz <marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl>:

> sanity.conf sets one variable: BB_MIN_VERSION = "1.8.12" and this is
> checked on start of each build. We bump that only when BitBake is
> released and if change is really required.

Ok.

Would it be a sane solution to them simply use the BitBake version specified
in BB_MIN_VERSION, or do the "if change is really required" mean that
it sometimes
makes good sense to use a newer version?

If so, it would be nice to have something like BB_RECOMMENDED_VERSION

Also, is the BB_MIN_VERSION defined so it will/must always be a tagged
version of bitbake?

/Esben