[oe] [RFC] make "LDFLAGS ignored" QA errors fatal

Phil Blundell pb at reciva.com
Tue Apr 7 09:23:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 14:49 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> I think we should configure toolchain to pass this flags by gcc driver
> while linking instead of making it a part of LDFLAGS it should help in
> recipes which use gcc to link.

I'm not sure what that would really buy us.  Unless we're going to
abandon LDFLAGS altogether then all the packages that are broken today
would still be broken, it's just that you'd notice the breakage less
often.  Plus, it would presumably mean that any changes to the value of
this flag would require a gcc rebuild, which seems like it'd be
annoying.

p.