[oe] libxml2-native build against host zlib.h

Jader H. Silva jader at 2mi.com.br
Tue Apr 7 21:07:51 UTC 2009

Tom Rini escreveu:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 04:01:58PM -0300, Jader H. Silva wrote:
>
>> Tom Rini escreveu:

>>> As Khem pointed out previously, this is not correct, NACK.  From the
>>> configure script --help:
>>>   --with-zlib[=DIR]       use libz in DIR
>>> So this should be adding '--with-zlib=${STAGING_INCIR}'
>>>

>> --with-zlib=${STAGING_INCDIR} don't fix it.
>>

> That's odd.  Reading libxml2-native-2.7.2-r2/libxml2-2.7.2/configure I
> don't see how that value being a file and not a dir could work.  In
> fact, moving my system zlib.h out of the way and reading config.log I
> see things like:
> configure:12246: checking zlib.h usability
> configure:12263: gcc -c
> -isystem/home/trini/work/OE-upstream/tmp.4.3.3/staging/x86_64-linux/usr/include
> -O2
> -isystem/home/trini/work/OE-upstream/tmp.4.3.3/staging/x86_64-linux/usr/include
> conftest.c >&5
> configure:12269: $? = 0
> configure:12283: result: yes
> configure:12287: checking zlib.h presence
> configure:12302: gcc -E
> -isystem/home/trini/work/OE-upstream/tmp.4.3.3/staging/x86_64-linux/usr/include
> conftest.c
> configure:12308: $? = 0
> configure:12322: result: yes
> configure:12350: checking for zlib.h
> configure:12358: result: yes

It is indeed really puzzling. It was a simple test check when anything
else didn't work.
> Can you tell us more about what host system you're using and possibly
> just as importantly what config.log looks like when you use your patch?
> I'm not saying you don't have a failure, I'm just saying it's puzzling
> that your patch works.

I'm using ubuntu 8.04, zlib1g-dev package is installed.
I can compile it without problems in a machine where zlib1g-dev is not
installed.

Attached there's the log.do_compile and config.log.nok originated from a
failed compilation and config.log from a successful compilation after my
patch was applied.
> Also, trying to figure out when zlib-native gets pulled in and I see
> it's coming from file-native, so perhaps we should, while we're in here
> anyhow, add zlib-native to the dep list for libxml2-native?

I agree that is most likely to correctly solve this problem. I will try
it and report back.