[oe] [oe-commits] Stanislav Brabec : autoconf213-native: Added old autoconf for fennec recipe .

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Mon Apr 13 21:37:45 UTC 2009

Khem Raj wrote:

> > if someone bitbakes autoconf-2.13 does it overwrite the one that there
> > was before?
>
> it seems it can coexist with new autotools as it uses
> --program-transform-name there might be other problems I dont know.
> but that said I think we should try to upgrade whatever package needs
> this old autotools
> version.

It was intended to co-exist.

I also changed datadir to prevent any conflict. Even without it it seems
to be safe - old versions use $datadir/autoconf directly, new versions
use only directories, but different datadir should make it super-safe.
On the other hand it breaks reuse of third party m4 files in
aclocal2.13. As it was added just for the build of mozilla family, I do
not think it is a problem.

Note that I tested only -native version.