[oe] [RFC] make "LDFLAGS ignored" QA errors fatal

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:16:21 UTC 2009

On (07/04/09 10:23), Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 14:49 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> > I think we should configure toolchain to pass this flags by gcc driver
> > while linking instead of making it a part of LDFLAGS it should help in
> > recipes which use gcc to link.
>
> I'm not sure what that would really buy us.  Unless we're going to
> abandon LDFLAGS altogether then all the packages that are broken today
> would still be broken, it's just that you'd notice the breakage less
> often.  Plus, it would presumably mean that any changes to the value of

yes this would help if we were making changes just to accomodate the gnu-hash
linker option

> this flag would require a gcc rebuild, which seems like it'd be
> annoying.

I think chosing the hash style is something you will chose to have or to have not
at the beginning. However this will only make toolchain to default to gnu-hash
on supported architectures one can still use --hash-style=sysv if one has to

Thanks

-Khem