[oe] uclibc/thumb toolchain versions to use

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:46:45 UTC 2009

Hi

Recently, after switching to thumb mode for some on architectures. I tried to enable thumb for uclibc recipe itself too.
Unfortunately it does not work with all versions of gcc and binutils we have

The version combos that work are

gcc 4.3.x + binutils 2.18
gcc-4.3.x + binutils_cvs

2.19x does not work and also 2.18.50.x.x does not work because of improper thumb to thumb veneer handling by linker
gcc 4.2.4 does not work because ldso.c we relaxed optimization level which causes a gcc ICE

default gcc for angstrom is 4.2.4 and binutils 2.18.50.0.7 and unfortunately this combo will not work for uclibc thumb

Either we can think of bumping default gcc to 4.3.x and downgrade default binutils to 2.18 or let uclibc compile in arm mode even though everything else is in thumb mode.

Thanks

--
Khem Raj