[oe] recipe "not available"

Michael Sundius msundius at sundius.com
Fri Apr 17 16:34:58 UTC 2009

I've added a recipe for glibc to build the tools used by my company
for our set top box. It seems to be parsed by bitbake (since if I
intentionally add an erroneous line, bitbake will complain) however
when it gets time to run the tasks spelled out in the recipe, I get
the following errors, and a different version is used.

 OE Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.8.12"
METADATA_BRANCH   = "<unknown>"
METADATA_REVISION = "<unknown>"
TARGET_ARCH       = "mips"
TARGET_OS         = "linux"
MACHINE           = "8kg6-ngp"
DISTRO            = "sciatl"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1"
TARGET_FPU        = ""

NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc not available (for item virtual/libc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc not available (for item libsegfault)
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc not available (for item glibc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc not available (for item
virtual/mips-linux-libc-for-gcc)
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc-initial not available (for item
virtual/mips-linux-libc-initial)
NOTE: preferred version 2.4 of glibc not available (for item virtual/libiconv)
NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing runqueue
NOTE: Running task 74 of 535 (ID: 406,
/home/sundism/oe/openembedded/packages/glibc/glibc-initial_2.7.bb, do_unpack)

I saw some references in the archives to a broken bitbake program, though my
version does not match the one indicated. Further simply running bitbake -c
rebuild <package> does not resolve the problem

Is there anyone out there who might be able to help?

Thanks
Michael Sundius