[oe] adding new kernel defconfig

G. Eismann g.eismann at gmx.net
Sun Apr 19 15:55:32 UTC 2009

El Sunday 19 April 2009 14:01:26 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer escribió:
> On Sunday 19 April 2009 13:54:07 G. Eismann wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am new with openembedded and I am trying to build a kernel for a new
> > machine.
> >
> > In my machine config file I have these lines:
> >
> > PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux"
> > PREFERRED_VERSION_linux = "2.6.25"
> >
> > When I build the kernel, bitake downloads a 2.6.25 kernel: OK
> > But it takes the kernel config from recipes/linux/linux/defconfig
> >
> > I have added my own defconfig file in
> > recipes/linux/linux-2.6.25/mymachine/defconfig but I dont know how to say
> > bitbake to use it.
>
> If you have set MACHINE=mymachine and are using a DISTRO configuration
> which includes a reasonable set of OVERRIDES; then $MACHINE is included in
> these OVERRIDES; which means, bitbake will copy $MACHINE/defconfig (if
> present) into $WORKDIR.

MACHINE is set in my local.conf file.
I've also added a line with DEFAULT_PREFERENCE_mymachine = "1" to
linux_2.6.25.bb although I am not sure if this is correct.

The DISTRO configuration had no OVERRIDES line. I have copied the OVERRIDES
line from minimal distro ($MACHINE is included in it), but bitbake is still
taken the defconfig from linux/defconfig

  - Eismann -