[oe] reverting some csets that kill package upgrade paths

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 24 19:47:56 UTC 2009

On 24-04-09 21:24, Tom Rini wrote:
>  But I don't think updating dev on a
> live system from a few months ago to a few months in the future has to
> absolutely work with no human intervention.

I don't think that either, but those 3 csets from today don't fix
anything, they just introduce breakage. the 'problem' they try to
address (soname change) is a non-problem from a package manager POV, the
only breakage with ecore not packaging files had been fixed already.

Sometimes there are good reasons to rename packages, and OE can't have
some cases with RPROVIDES, since debian.bbclass is too helpfull in some
cases, e.g:

package (not recipe!) foo renamed to libfoo (e.g by inheriting
lib_package). You add RPROVIDES_libfoo = "foo" -> debian.bbclass turns
that into: Provides: libfoo

But this revert request is not about that, it's about reverting breakage
that serves no use.

regards,

Koen