[oe] reverting some csets that kill package upgrade paths

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Fri Apr 24 19:53:33 UTC 2009

On 24-04-09 21:32, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 09:03:18PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
>
>> Upgrade paths are the foundation of package management, breaking them is
>> stabbing people using your binaries in the eye. Do you want to tell the
>> companies evaluating OE using .dev that they can't use the feature
>> anymore that drew them to OE, namely package management?
>
> Red Herring.  No commerical device is going to point to some random feed
> and just hope things work out fine.  No, they're going to point at their
> supported feeds with updates they've tested and fixed any bugs that they
> happened to have found (and pushed back because they're Good Guys).

My point is that OE won't make it 'into' the commercial device since the
evaluating came out negative.
BTW, I've already seen a company messing up the feeds for their
commercial device by broken upgrade paths.

regards,

Koen

And why is the spellcheck button next to the send button in thunderbird?
I've already sent 3 bogus mails today because my motoric skills suffer
from a lack of coffee