[oe] [RFC] Bring PREFERRED_LIBC to all distros

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Mon Apr 27 15:33:31 UTC 2009

On 27-04-09 16:19, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all.  I've created a new branch, trini/add-libc-overrides which does
> the following:
> - Make every distro declare PREFERRED_LIBC, either outright or
>    overridable.

ACK on the idea, NACK on the implementation.

ANGSTROMLIBC is called ANGSTROMLIBC and not ANGSTROM_LIBC for a reason,
since you can't pass env vars with underscores throught bitbake:
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-devel/2008-December/007258.html

I've shown the PREFERRED_LIBC thing in the past to other OE core
developers as an example of the mindless copy/paste/rename process in
angstrom clones. Don't clone if you don't know what you are doing.

So please keep things you want to override in buildscripts (e.g.
machine, libc, distro) underscore free :)

regards,

Koen