[oe] [RFC] Bring PREFERRED_LIBC to all distros

Tom Rini trini at embeddedalley.com
Wed Apr 29 16:12:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 07:19:43AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> Hey all.  I've created a new branch, trini/add-libc-overrides which does
> the following:
> - Make every distro declare PREFERRED_LIBC, either outright or
>   overridable.
> - For Angstrom/foonas have DISTROVAR ?= ${PREFERRED_LIBC},
>   PREFERRED_LIBC ?= default
> - Add conf/distro/include/{eglibc,glibc,uclibc}.inc that have:
>   - Add 'glibc' to OVERRIDES for eglibc/glibc and 'uclibc' for
>     uclibc.inc
>   - Default providers.
>   NOTE: ${TARGET_PREFIX} includes ${TARGET_VENDOR} so ...
> - Switch all distros to have:
>   require conf/distro/include/${PREFERED_LIBC}.inc
>   - Clean up distro-specific includes, and sane-toolchain.inc a little
>     bit by removing all of the PREFERRED_PROVIDER stuff it no longer
>     needs.
> - For glibc*.bb older than 2.5, add in some missing RPROVIDES.

I've pushed a trini/add-libc-overrides-2 branch with the following
changes:
- Change PREFERRED_LIBC to LIBC
- Fold fixing up minimal/minimal-uclibc into the commit that brings in
  the libc inc file.
- Re-order commits so that everything is functional from commit to
  commit.

I'm now looking for ack's to pull this branch into .dev

--
Tom Rini