[oe] update-modules is broken

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Mon Aug 3 12:48:04 UTC 2009

Hi

Today Marco Cavallini pointed me to his failed build:
http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/builds/21533/?page=1

Image was not created due to lack of 'modutils-depmod' package. But
where from it took this dependency...

I took a look and found. Our 'update-modules' recipe has
PACKAGE_ARCH=all but relies on MACHINE_FEATURES to check between 2.4 and
2.6 behaviour (modutils-depmod contra module-init-tools-depmod). So if
you do build for target which does not have 'kernel26' feature listed
(for example: vortex86sx) you will get 'update-modules' package
(ARCH:all) which depends on 'modutils-depmod' which will not be built
for other targets.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/