[oe] Deleting target specific folders from tmp directory

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Aug 3 19:07:37 UTC 2009

Hi Koen,

On Aug 3, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:

> Yes, you made the kernel version go backwards, which is a VERY bad
> thing to do in the OE world where we use package management for
> nearly everything image related.
> The only safe route here is a complete rebuild from scratch.

Before I switch kernel versions, I execute a

bitbake -c clean linux-omap3-2.6.31

and then start working on linux-omap3-2.6.29

Shouldn't that remove all the older linux kernel version artifacts.
For a build system, you should be able to go back and forward with
respect to versions, not only keep moving forward.

In this particular scenario, the reason I have to switch between
kernel versions is omap-pm and dss2. I'm trying to get a proper power
management infrastructure working with linux-omap3-2.6.29, modified to
work with android. There is not much active development on pm for
v2.6.29.

v2.6.31 has integrated pm and dss2 support, but I have issues with
DSS2 not working for some reason with android-2.6.31. Hence, I keep
having to shuttle back and forth trying new patches, testing a few
things out.

The release that I make to my customer is v2.6.29, however, my
experiments take me to v2.6.31.

Elvis