[oe] Cannot find package angstrom-version.

Leandro Q. Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Tue Aug 4 05:10:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

    I am trying to build opie-image using openembedded. while doing the
do_rootfs stage, my build encountered the error below.  Anybody knows how I
can get around with it? I even manually issued bitbake angstrom-version to
get around it thinking that the dependency is somehow broken, it built it
and it finished the build for the angstrom-version but when I re issued the
bitbake opie-image, again it failed with the same error as shown below.
Anybody can help?

log_check: There were error messages in the logfile
log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot find package]
  *  angstrom-version *
 * Cannot find package angstrom-version.
+ export D=/media/OpieDrive/oebase/dragon/tmp/rootfs/opie-image

log_check: There were error messages in the logfile
log_check: Matched keyword: [Cannot satisfy the following dependencies]
Collected errors:
 * ERROR: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for task-base-extended:
  *  angstrom-version

Thanks and best regards,
Andy