[oe] uim and scim recipes - request for help

Steve Sakoman sakoman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 04:36:51 UTC 2009

2009/5/17 Rolf Leggewie <no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de>:
> Hi,
>
> it seems like bitrot has crept in to the uim and scim recipes.  uim
> 1.3.1 is in OE and used to compile fine.  scim has never been a part of
> OE thus far, but 1.4.6 used to compile fine when I tried about a year
> ago (had some other trouble with it then, so I never pushed the bb).  I
> have published the scim recipe in a private branch in the OE git server now.
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/tree/recipes/scim&h=laibsch/scim
>
> I asked in IRC for help (thanks RP and pb_) and it looks like this
> problem is related to libtool, which AFAIK has recently been updated.
>
> http://www.hentges.net/irclogs/%23oe/2009/May/20090517_oe.log#[20090517%2014:23:19]
>
> Build logs (the successful ones are usually do_clean only):
> uim: http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/uim
> scim: http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/packages/scim
>
> Any help to get these compile again is greatly appreciated.  Latest uim
> version is 1.5.5.  While we're at it, I guess it makes sense to get that
> into OE.  I'll push a WIP bb to the laibsch/scim branch.

I too have a need for uim/scim.

I noticed a couple of commits in June for the uim recipe. Did these
commits fix the known issues?

When I tried the current recipe, both uim-native and uim failed to
build, so I suspect not.

Just wanted to check in for the current status before spending any
time on debugging.

Steve