[oe] Ideas for scripts, to save work, when building several boards

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Aug 13 07:13:25 UTC 2009

Since I will need to test multiple boards,
I decided to write some scripts which I will
check in later today in origin/ulf/linux-2.6.30.2

I generated a "MAKEALL" script which will
source a file "board_list.sh" with board build commands

<SOF>
build_board	sam9263dfc	x11-gpe-image
build_board	sam9g45ek	opie-image
build_board	sam9g10df	x11-gpe-image
build_board	sam9g20dfc	console-image
build_board	sam9260dfc	console-image
build_board	sam9261df	x11-image
build_board	sam9xedfc	console-image
<EOF>

The script assumes the existance of a "build-<board>"
directory with a configuration file in "build-<board>/conf".
"build-<board>/conf/local.conf" is a link to
"build-<board>/conf/<board>.conf"

I have also generated a script "scripts/make-local.conf.sh"
to automatically generate the "build-<board>" directory
with updates taken from definitions in "environment.sh"
in the topdirectory

<SOF>
#/bin/sh
# Example environment.sh

DOWNLOAD=/usr/local/install/downloads
MAKEJOBS=4
THREADS=4
KERNEL=2.6.30
<EOF>

You call
openembedded/scripts/make-local.conf.sh at91sam9263ek
to create the build-at91sam9263ek directory.

The MAKEALL script will prepare this directory
for full or incremental build and create
the symbolic link "build" before bitbake starts

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson