[oe] [RFC] change qmake2 to qmake4

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Thu Aug 13 08:24:20 UTC 2009

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Thursday 18 June 2009 19:03:33 Valentin Longchamp wrote:
>> As I have already explained in an email earlier today, some tools
>> (cmake for instance, with its FindQt4 Module) look for a qmake under
>> a certain name (that can be qmake or qmake4 ... but not qmake2).
>>
>> This patch proposes to change this name. With this, all the other qt
>> tools consistently have the 4 at the end of their name.
>>
>> Of course, all the recipes that inherit qmake2 should be changed, but
>> this is not done here since it's only a RFC to start a discussion
>
> nack for now. qmake4 is worse than calling it qmake2. The current major qmake
> version is "2". We can talk about calling it "qmake" or "qmake-qt4".

Ok, fine for me. The other way could be to patch cmake to make it look
for qmake2 instead of qmake.

With this, qmake would be found by the FindQt.cmake module. However, the
problem would not be solved yet (there is another thing that comes in
the way, please see my other email to the list, coming in a few minutes).

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch, Phone: +41216937827