[oe] Cross-compiling qt based programs with cmake

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Aug 13 09:34:50 UTC 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 11:11:48 Valentin Longchamp wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build cmake based programs that use QT with Openembedded.
> The actual support for cmake in OE worked until now because I only had
> "simple" dependencies. Now with QT as as dependency, I use the cmake
> FindQt4 Module that strongly relies on qmake to find the different QT
> cmake variables (try to run ${STAGINGBINDIR}/qmake2 -query). The cmake
> FindQt4 Module uses the values given by qmake to determine where all the
> libraries and tools are installed (and if installed).

Let me throw in some (pseudo) facts:
	- We want to use one qmake2 for Qt/X11, Qt/Embedded Linux builds
	- qmake is reading a qt.conf from the directory of the binary. In Qt/X11
	 and Qt/E build we write a custom one.
	- the pkg-config files for Qt should be correct.

So my proposals include:
	- Consider renaming qmake2 to qmake or qmake-qt4 (and move qt3 to qmake-qt3)
	- for X11/Embedded create a separate bin dir for qmake, create a symlink and
	  place a qt.conf in it.
	- maybe convince Alexander Neuendorf to use pkg-config to find Qt too..

what do you think?
	z.