[oe] gcc-cross-sdk (GCC 4.2.3) limits.h woes

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Aug 13 15:52:57 UTC 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 17:19:10 Chris Conroy wrote:
> I've spent a pretty good chunk of time this past week trying to get a
> working external toolchain, but I've hit a bit of a wall and can't
> figure out how to fix this last problem.

I'm a bit hungry so here is just my config:

conf/local.conf
DL_DIR = "${HOME}/source/sources/"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
MACHINE="db1200"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += " ext2 "

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j4"
ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION="0"
ENTERPRISE_DISTRO = "1"

BBFILES="${HOME}/source/embedded/openembedded/recipes"

$ bitbake meta-toolchain-qte

just passed today (thanks to Graham's work).. on my i686..

     binutils: 2.18
     gcc: 4.3.3
     glibc: 2.9

maybe that is useful?

PS: For gcc4.2.x we need to pass more include dirs... the error with
#include_next is that it runs out of search paths.... With poky I pushed it a
bit but didn't manage to build a working version