[oe] Contents of the "origin/ulf/linux-2.6.30.2" branch. Status update

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Aug 13 17:34:05 UTC 2009

Ulf Samuelsson skrev:

Have managed to build a number of things now using my private branch.

1) opie-image
2) x11-image
3) x11-gpe-image
4) console-image

dfc = boot from dataflashcard
df = boot from dataflash

Kernel builds for:
at91sam9263dfc
at91sam9261df
at91sam9260dfc
at91sam9g20dfc
at91sam9g45ek (boots from NAND flash)

u-boot and at91bootstrap also builds.

I added some audio stuff to the build,
resulting in a JFFS2 file systems size
for x11-gpe-image of > 60 MB.

This is unfortunate, since the size of the partition, where it is
supposed to fit is 60 MB.

The x11-image and x11-gpe-image was too big,
but opie-image is about 55 MB, so I loaded
this using SAM-BA.

----
I loaded a file system built for the SAM9261df
on a SAM9263EK using the correct kernel and boots.

1) No sound card found. "/dev/dsp"
   Have to look at kernel config.

2) I included mpd in the build, but this seems
   to lack a number of directories which are not installed

   "/var/lib/mpd" does not exist
   "/var/lib/mpd/mpd.log" cannot be opened
   "/media/content" does not exist
   "/var/lib/mpd/playlists" does not exist
   "var/lib/mpd/mpd.db does" not exist

3) Could not set time zone to Berlin, because some package was missing.

4) Using Opie on a VGA screen is not so nice,
   since characters are fuzzy.

5) ODevice() - Found Hardware : ATMEL AT91SAM9263EK
   ODevice() - unknown hardware - using default

   I guess, this could be because I use an AT91SAM9261EK

6) Psychedelic colours
   The AT91SAM9263 and earlier devices uses a BGR (Blue-Green-Red)
   orientation, while most S/W expect RGB (Red-Green-Blue).
   This can be fixed by swapping the connection from the chip
   to the display, otherwise, it will require fixing the S/W.

   Don't know if Opie does this, if the right H/W is detected.

   If QT 4.3.x or later is configured with "-depth generic"
   Then you need to export "QWS_DISPLAY=Linuxfb:genericcolors"
   but when I did this, the screen went black :-(

   When I removed this, and restarted,I again got a nice screen
   Pink and Yellow!!!
   Got to find those adapters, I have somewhere...

   The SAM9G45 should not have this problem.

Tried building beagleboard-demo-image failed:
ERROR: Task 4419
(/home/ulf/projects/OE_atmel/openembedded/recipes/gnome/libgnomeprint_2.18.5.bb,
do_compile) failed
Entering directory
`/home/ulf/projects/OE_atmel/boards/build-at91sam9261df/tmp/
work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libgnomeprint-2.18.5-r0/
libgnomeprint-2.18.5/doc/reference'

Reason:  I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson