[oe] coreutils-native race

Uli Luckas u.luckas at road.de
Fri Aug 14 15:10:43 UTC 2009

hi all,
I just tracked down a problem in bitbake, oe-stable and parallel builds.
My oe-stable is a few days old but I suppose this problem might not be version
dependent so let's see if this is known and fixed already.

What happens (once in a while) is that some build process uses commands from
coreutils-native while coreutils-native is being staged.
Let's say the command is 'rm' - so coreutils-native stages 'rm' while another
build process trys to delete some file. This leads to "rm: text file busy"
because rm is still open for writing.

Has anyone seen this? And is there a known fix or workaround?

Thanks
Uli

--

------- ROAD ...the handyPC Company - - -  ) ) )

Uli Luckas
Head of Software Development

ROAD GmbH
Bennigsenstr. 14 | 12159 Berlin | Germany
fon: +49 (30) 230069 - 62 | fax: +49 (30) 230069 - 69
url: www.road.de

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg: HRB 96688 B
Managing director: Hans-Peter Constien