[oe] Create dir with 700 permissions from recipe

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Tue Aug 18 14:33:12 UTC 2009

s hakkesteegt wrote:

> For a recipe I want to use locally to enable public key authentication on my
> images, I'm trying to create the .ssh dir with 700 permissions. But this
> doesn't seem to work. It ends up in the rootfs and in the ipk with 775
> permissions, although in the work dir it has the correct 700 permissions.

Hi Siebren,

Try adding something like this to your recipe:

python populate_packages_append () {
         # Non-empty directory permissions don't get preserved by the
         # normal populate process.
         def dirperm_hack(d):
                 pkgdest = bb.data.getVar('PKGDEST', d, 1)
                 pn = bb.data.getVar('PN', d, 1)
                 os.chmod(os.path.join(pkgdest, pn, '/home/root/.ssh'),
0700)

         dirperm_hack(d)
}

I made a failed attempt at fixing this in package_deb.bbclass, but it
caused other problems; in the end I figured it was easier to work around
it in the one recipe where I needed a non-empty directory with 0700 perms.

Mike