[oe] xtscal fails + other Xorg init problems.

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Tue Aug 18 15:22:59 UTC 2009

Stanislav Brabec skrev:
> Stanislav Brabec wrote:
>
>> There are two recipes for the calibrate library: libxcalibrate and
>> xcalibrate
>>
>> There are two recipes that provide prototypes: calibrateproto
>> and xcalibrabrateext
>>
>> Only some of these combinations result in a working environment.
>>
>> I'll test, whether latest library version works with xserver-
>> kdrive-1300.
>
> Yes, xtscal works with xserver-kdrive-1300 and latest libxcalibrate and
> calibrateproto.
>
> It didn't work for kdrive based builds, because kdrive recipe wants
> libxcalibrate, but xtscal wants xcalibrate. One dependency chain
> overwrites the another with undefined result depending on the build
> order.

What is the difference between "xserver-kdrive-1300" and
"kdrive based builds" ?
Do you mean it does not work with later revisions of xserver-kdrive?

> That is why I would like to propose:
> - remove all xcalibrate and xcalibrabrateext recipes
> - find recipes and images that need them and migrate them to
> libxcalibrate and calibrateproto.

Angstrom prefers another version of xserver-kdrive.

Should we try to focus on xorg-xserver-1.6.1 which seems to have kdrive
support?

> - fix git versioning of libxcalibrate and calibrateproto, maybe
> increment PE.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson