[oe] x86_64 multilib

Roman I Khimov khimov at altell.ru
Tue Aug 18 19:42:35 UTC 2009

В сообщении от Вторник 18 августа 2009 22:15:58 автор Michael Smith написал:
> Roman I Khimov wrote:
> I had to build my gcc-cross with --disable-multilib because my glibc is
> not multilib. In April you posted a patch series to add multilib support
> for x86_64, but I'm not sure how much of it made it into the tree:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded/22737

Just the binutils patch, as far as I remember.

> Are you still using that patchset to get working gcc -m32?

Evolved a bit, but most of it should be correct.

OK, I've rebased what I'd had in OE branch and if I've not messed up something
it should be currently in "rik/amd64" branch. Will check if there is anything
interesting left in overlay of x86_64 project which from this patchset
originated (project itself was released in May and almost not touched since,
so I had little incentive to continue pushing this changes, unfortunately).

Feel free to try/test/enhance with new glibc/gcc versions/corrections, etc.
I'll probably try to add some new glibc versions on weekend, if time permits.
I think the first 4 patches are ready for review/push (although need to test
after rebase), and others mostly need porting to other versions.