[oe] gcc-cross-sdk (GCC 4.2.3) limits.h woes

Tom Rini trini at embeddedalley.com
Tue Aug 18 19:50:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 02:30:12PM -0400, Chris Conroy wrote:

> Sorry for not providing more detail at first...
>
> With debian renaming on, glibc, for example, gets renamed to 'libc6' and
> packaged as such. Normally, this works because the other packages pick
> up the rename at some point along the way. The comment at the top of
> debian.bbclass states:
>
> # Debian package renaming only occurs when a package is built
> # We therefore have to make sure we build all runtime packages
> # before building the current package to make the packages runtime
> # depends are correct
>
> So, glibc is packaged as part of my toolchain's sdk. Building
> meta-toolchain works just fine. Then, I go to build an image using the
> external-toolchain. It fails because opkg cannot satisfy the dependency

OK, here's the problem, I think.  You're trying to make an image for say
i686-armv6-sdk-linux-gnueabi?  What are you expecting to be in this raw
image however, the contents of say meta-toolchain, extracted and put
into a ext2?  For most people, meta-toolchain, and the resulting tarball
are the output that gets used.

--
Tom Rini