[oe] Is there an easy way to get a minimalist image without I18n libraries?

Lars Holowko Lars.Holowko at lantronix.com
Tue Aug 18 21:39:04 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am playing with the minimal-image on this configuration:

MACHINE = "at91sam9g20ek"
DISTRO = "angstrom-2008.1"
ANGSTROMLIBC = "uclibc"

and now I am wondeering if in order to save some flash space there is a
way to build a minimal-image without libiconv, gettext and friends? That
would save me about 2.5MB of flash space!!!

If I check USE_NLS with bitbake -I; getvar USE_NLS reposrts "no". So I
would assume all the NLS would be disabled.

To save even more flash space, is there also a way to disable the
installation of opkg and its dependencies like: libgnutls26, libcurl4?

Regards,

Lars

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.