[oe] No graphic when loading "x11-gpe-image"

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Aug 19 15:35:27 UTC 2009

marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl skrev:
> Dnia Sun, 16 Aug 2009 01:00:21 +0200 napisano:
>
>> Phil Blundell píše v Pá 14. 08. 2009 v 22:08 +0100:
>> -screen 240x320 :0 -noreset
>>> Yeah, that looks like the startup scripts are trying to pass kdrive
>>> options
>> to Xorg.  I guess you need to either install kdrive, or patch
>>> the scripts to do the right thing for Xorg.
>> Yes, this script is broken - it checks, whether Xorg is installed. If it
>> is, but the
>> platform was originally designed for kdrive, it breaks.
>>
>> There was a thread "?[RFC] Xserver-common 1.30" about it few weeks ago.
>>
>> Maybe a new platform specific package with a working
>> xorg.conf will be useful.
>
> There is a xorg.conf for at91sam9263ek present in metadata - you need xserver-xorg-conf package installed with xserver-xorg 1.6.1 and evdev driver. No keyboard/mouse/tslib drivers are needed - evdev handles touchscreen on at91sam923ek just fine (even do not require calibration).
>
> If there will be a problem with start then use xserver-common 1.30 instead of 1.25 (default one).

I have it running after some time, and I have resolve all the issues,
with the SAM9263EK except the touchscreen.

It is not fully integrated with my openembedded branch yet.
I put another jffs2 filesystem in the upper 128 MB
and patch up the stuff built by embedded by running a script
right after login which mounts the other filesystem
and copies over a lot of stuff.

Will integrate this into openembedded eventually.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson