[oe] fbv neutered

Tom Rini trini at embeddedalley.com
Thu Aug 20 04:23:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:31:57PM -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 05:48:07PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> > I added "fbv" "frame buffer viewer" to the file system,
> > and happily tried to watch my Mustang rental car.
> >
> > -- fbv did not recognize the file format.
> >
> > Generated a nice bmp file and tried this...
> >
> > --  fbv did not recognize the file format.
> >
> > I then checked the recipe:
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> > 	CC="${CC}" ./configure --without-libungif --without-bmp \
> > 		--without-libjpeg
> > ---------------------------------
> >
> > Beats me why someone would want to have it built this way.

Yes, I pushed it that way as I only needed it as a png viewer (we needed
a simple "can we display graphics?" test program) and someone on IRC
also only needed PNGs, I guess.

Of course, it'd be pretty easy to add ungif/bmp/jpeg to the dependancies
list and recompile if you wanted more support.

> > Is there another application one should use?
>
> Try fbida - worked for me just fine

It didn't when I tried, way way back when.  It also wanted way more
stuff :)

--
Tom Rini