[oe] CMake and Qt4

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Tue Aug 25 06:34:45 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 07:22:58 Matthew Dombroski wrote:
> > This will not work when both qt4x11 and qt4e is built and staged. I have
> > no specific knowledge of the current FindQt4 cmake module but there
> > should be a way to tell it that we want the QtE, QtX11 or QtMac built...
> >
> > Do you have any idea?
>
> Do you know the naming convention of qt4x11?
> qt4e names libs with a big E like this: libQtCoreE.so.4.5

There is no convention. In Qt2 times an 'e' was appended to libqt. For Qt4 we
(in OpenEmbedded) are using the library infix to append the E as we are
supporting both QtX11 and QtEmbedded.

> It shouldnt be hard to add another variable in FindQt4.cmake that
> controls what names we search for.

Qt4x11 should be already in that list. So the basic problem with "appending"
'E' to the list is that it will not be used when Qt4X11 was already staged.

To summarize. I'm not aware of any other distro that allows to install Qt4/X11
and Qt4/Embedded Linux. We are doing something that the KDE/CMake developers
have not seen as it doesn't exist on the desktop.

The fix should include externally forcing FindQt4 to use X11 or EmbeddedLinux
depending on the config.

z.