[oe] OEDEM November 2009

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Thu Aug 27 14:06:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 15:44 +0200, Marco Cavallini wrote:
> I'll try to come...
> Looks like Stansted airport is nearby Cambridge.
> Could you provide any travel information?

Yes, Stansted airport is the nearest with regular service.  (There is a
small airport in Cambridge itself but I don't think any scheduled
airlines operate from there anymore.)

For those travelling from Europe, Stansted is about a 30-minute train
ride from Cambridge city centre and is served by Air Berlin, Ryanair and
Germanwings among others.  Luton airport is about 1 hour away by bus and
is served by Easyjet.

For those travelling from further away, most long-haul flights arrive at
Heathrow or Gatwick airports (although there is some transatlantic
service into Stansted).  Both Heathrow and Gatwick are about 2 hours
from Cambridge by train or bus: the train is quicker but involves
several changes in London, whereas the bus is slow but cheaper and less
complicated.

Alternatively you can take the Eurostar to London St Pancras, which is
50 minutes from Cambridge by train.

p.