[oe] getting back to < 2MB rootfs with mtd-utils

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:17:12 UTC 2009

Hello Cliff,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Cliff Brake<cliff.brake at gmail.com> wrote:
> - minimal-image is not all that minimal any more
> - micro-image is better

Better how?

> I work through this, but if anyone has good ideas, they are welcome

We suffer from feature creep. A good idea would be to define what goes
in the images, so that we have a few base images people can use as a
basis, and that don't suffer from the developer expansion drifts. :-)

For example:

minimal-uclibc-image:

- Tries to be < 4MB total for boot loader, kernel and rootfs.
- Uses uclibc.
- Uses static device nodes.
- Typically read-only rootfs.
- Should be able to run a few applications.

etc etc.

Regards,
--
Leon