[oe] Newbie: Dell Axim x51v

JEFF OWEN jefflynne at btopenworld.com
Sat Dec 5 19:08:21 UTC 2009

After some time and fiddling I have managed to get OE to build angstrom images for x51v, however there are some issues.

I could not get the built Haret startup.txt to run, but by modifying the
default.txt from the Android port found here:
http://axdroid.blogspot.com/ I can get the  kernel to  load and both
the x11 and GPE images startup.

The problem I have is that the touch screen does not work so I can't get further.

The Android files seem to work OK and the touch screen works with that
OK, so in theory it can be sorted.  Can anyone give me some pointers as
to where to look to sort this out?

Also, is anyone working on the Axim anymore? All the old links seem
dead - which is a shame as these units can be bought quite cheaply and
have plenty going for them.  I did read somewhere that the original
developers got fed up when Dell did not release any info.  It seems to
me these old PDAs have been abandoned by their makers, so Linux is
their only salvation from the scrap heap.

To get the x51v to build I did have to copy the kernel options file
(default) from the x50 set.  How can I get these changes back into the
system? Is there a developer FAQ on how to submit changes?

Thanks in advance

Jeff