[oe] building GCC cross compiler without building any library

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Mon Dec 7 11:39:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 15:41 +0500, Ahsan Khawaja wrote:
> Is it possible to build GCC cross compiler with support of any library
> (eglic, glibc,uclibc and newlib). What should I have to do in this regard.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  Do you mean that you want to
build a generic version of GCC which can then be used with any of the
four C libraries that you mention?

If so, the answer is probably "yes" so long as you restrict yourself to
plain C only.  If you want C++ or the like, the answer is almost
certainly no.

p.