[oe] ./gnuplot: can´t resolve symbol 'png_pass_ystart'

John Faith john at soundmetrics.com
Tue Dec 8 21:37:00 UTC 2009

Niko Lau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a custom board based on the at91sam9260 with a handmade linux system.
> I'm now trying to switch to a oe system.
> I went throught the getting started and made the helloworld program (with
> uclib), which worked fine on my board.
> After that I built gnuplot. When I try to start it on my board I get the
> above error.
> Sounds for me like a missing lib, but libpng and libgd is on the target.
> Has someone a idea what the problem is?

Hi Niko,
You might try 'strace gnuplot' to see exactly what's failing at run
time.  Even if libpng is installed , you might get a missing symbol
error for png_pass_ystart if you've built against a different version
than what's installed.  I'd guess just building gnuplot in oe without
first building the libs it needs is the root cause.  You could check
your gnuplot build log to make sure headers from outside oe are not
leaking in somehow.

If libpng is left over from building your pre-oe target file system, you
should rebuild everything using oe.

Good luck,
John