[oe] new staging breaks apache2

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 23:52:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I changed apache to use libpcre and also moved libpcre to the new
staging. (effectively removing do_stage)
However, apparently things do not work as the should.

apparently things seemed to work so I committed my work.
However after changing one more thing in apache, it does not build any more.
I get an error in configure stating:
configure: error: Did not find pcre-config script at
/home/frans/oe/tmp_angstrom/staging/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/..

In the libpcre work dir it creates:
./package/usr/bin/pcre-config

would expect this to end up in staging too with the new staging.

However, if I run a find for pcre-config in staging I get:
./i686-linux/usr/bin/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/pcre-config
./i686-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/pcre-config
./armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/doc/pcre/pcre-config.txt
./armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/doc/pcre/html/pcre-config.html

no ./armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/bin/pcre-config

What did I do wrong/what went wrong?????

Totally puzzled.
Will dig into this tomorrow (it is now 1 am here so little chance I
can find a decent solution, need some sleep first).
Any suggestions/help is appreciated (and apologies for breaking the
apache2 build (and yes, I could revert but actually the old version
was not really sound either).

Frans