[oe] How to get to know whether or not src_distribute_local worked

Guo Hongruan camelguo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 11:25:50 UTC 2009

Hi guys,
   I want to verify src_distribute_local functionality of openembedded. And
I did the following:
1. Add the following into the local.conf
SRC_DIST_LOCAL = "copy"
INHERIT += "src_distribute_local"
2. build the project using bitbake base-image
3. then on the sources directory of deploy I found the following:

camelguo at guohr-laptop-ubuntu:/media/work-disk/workdir/oe-qemuarm-micro-uclibc/deploy$
find ./
./
./sources
./sources/MIT
./sources/MIT/base-image
./sources/MIT/base-image/base-image.bb

I am wonderring whether or not the src_distribute_local.bbclass worked.
According the documentation of openembedded, src_distribute_local.bbclass
should put the source files corresponding binary packages into the sources
directory, not package's recipes. Do I misunderstand it? Or It did not
work correctly?

Thanks a lot!

--
Guo Hongruan, Embedded Linux Consultant