[oe] debian packaging

Mike Turquette mturquette at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:28:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to understand more about debian packaging in OE.  I know
that OE can churn out dpkg's as a result, but does OE have a way to
intelligently make use of source code that has a 'debian' directory
complete with rules and all of that?

By 'intelligently' I mean can OE determine what DEPENDS and RDEPENDS
should be, based on the dpkg control info and can it figure out what
needs to go into staging?  I'm hoping for something analogous to
autotools.bbclass which uses stuff in the source (instead of the
recipe) to figure out much of the configuration and decision-making.

Thanks much,
Mike