[oe] Machine config generator (FOSDEM idea)

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Fri Feb 13 14:25:33 UTC 2009

Hi

I was talking during FOSDEM with some developers and one of things which
I was asked about was 'how to create machine config' (usually question
was other but had this sense).

OE developers usually know that machine config is simple but tell that
to Joe Random who only knows that his board use s3c2443 etc. So idea was
to create simple few steps wizard which will ask few questions and
produce machine config as result. More work would be required on
creating kernel recipe because kernel can be from svn/cvs/git or tarball
+ quilt patchset etc...

Thats only beginning of idea - I hope that someone will provide
feedback.

Regards,
JID:      hrw at jabber.org
Website:  http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/