[oe] [RFC] removing DISTRO_* vars from task-boot

Sledz, Steffen sledz at DResearch.DE
Thu Feb 19 11:00:27 UTC 2009

> manager on a per
> busybox-mdev for
> using task-boot

> "${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "kernel26",

> "${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "kernel26",

> need to encode
> where I'd rather
> >> Philip C. agrees with you. Should be move everything over
> or start with
> >> IMAGE_DEV_MANAGER?
> >
> > I say do it all now.  Flexibility is good, lets get it done.
>
> The patch should appear on this ml right about now.

This is a good (or bad?) example for the wish a uttered some days before. In the official OE manual there is nothing to read about DISTRO_* and/or IMAGE_* vars.

It would be really helpful for other developers which are not that familiar with all the variable stuff and do not memorize the complete mailing list if you could start to document such things in the wiki.

Thx,
Steffen