[oe] Fwd: Usage of groups

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Feb 19 22:35:54 UTC 2009

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I've contacted PatchWork people and asked for details how to make it
> properly fit our needs. Bellow goes the answer they gave me.
>
>>> The OpenEmbedded project started to use PatchWork to allow us to
>>> better track the patches that come to us. It has been working fine
>>> except that we're not finding how to add groups to make easier the
>>> permission setting for users and like.
>
>> The built-in 'groups' system doesn't affect any of the permissions on
>> patchwork at the moment. To allow a user to alter patches, they need to
>> be a 'maintainer' of the project that the patch belongs to.
>
>> To make a use a maintainer, just open their UserProfile page in the
>> admin interface, and select the appropriate 'maintainer groups'.

OK, I've decrypted this message :) and managed to set up Khem's account
so he can change patch state.

I'm thinking that people with commit access should be given maintainer
status so they can mark patches as needed? How does that sound? If you
have submitted a patch, can you change the state at the moment? Could
someone check?

Thanks,

Philip