[oe] tcl tk: tclConfig.sh/tkConfig.sh ${STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS} or ${STAGING_LIBDIR} ?

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sat Feb 21 23:55:41 UTC 2009

Bernhard Guillon wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am currently try to build hv3 [1] - a super fast and small browser
> (dillo2 killer ?).
> I need to provide the PATH to  tclConfig.sh/tkConfig.sh which is
> currently ${STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS}.

> Is this the right PATH or should tcl
> tk place tclConfig.sh/tkConfig.sh to ${STAGING_LIBDIR} ?

It depends on the purpose.

If you need tcl/tk for the build process, you need tcl/tk-native and
{STAGING_BINDIR}. If you need to link with tcl/tk, then you need
{STAGING_BINDIR_CROSS}.

Note: You should be aware, that user may set ASSUME_PROVIDED =
"tcl-native tk-native" in local.conf. In this case, your program should
be able to find tcl-native/tk-native in system-wide directories (it's
the default behavior of most upstream packages).

If you need both, you have to do some tricks (set needed variable in bb
file and patch package to use this variable).