[oe] ep93xx, ts72xx, gesbc-9302 and more (was Re: Angstrom, ep93xx, broken rootfs)

Theodore A. Roth taroth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:52:18 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Christian Gagneraud
<cgagneraud at techworks.ie> wrote:

> Finally I would like to see the machines ts72xx and ts7800 officially
> supported by openembedded and/or angstrom (so that we can use Narcissus for
> example!;))
>
> I'm willing to be a machine maintainer/mentor for the ts72xx and the ts7800.
> At work we use them in lot of our products, and we decided to switch to
> OE/Angstron distro (after encouraging test results).
> What's the procedure for this exactly?
>
> Regards,
> Chris.

I too am working on adding support for the TS7800 to OE. I have only
been focusing on using vanilla linux kernel 2.6.28 for now. I have put
my branch of the OE sources up on github. I would love to collaborate
with you on getting this into the upstream OE tree. I also have a
TS7390 board I would like to contribute support in the future.

So far, I have been working on getting a very minimal initramfs rootfs
running off the SD card for the ts7800. I have been successful in
getting to a shell prompt using a uClibc Angstrom 2009 dev build.
There were a few problems I had to figure out to get that to build
though.

My OE git tree is available here:

  http://github.com/troth/oe-ts7xxx/tree/ts7800

I have a separate git tree for my local setup here:

  http://github.com/troth/oe-setup/tree/master

Ted Roth