[oe] mickey/sane-updates-and-defaults

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mlauer at vanille-media.de
Mon Feb 23 18:10:16 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I tried to build the minimal distro again after quite a while. I noticed
we have a bunch of inconsistent default versions in our metadata, which
we should fix asap. To layout one of several examples: hal 0.5.11 is the
default which depends on a libvolumeid version which has
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = -1.

Ångström users will probably not notice this, since they override a
large bunch of settings, however I think it's very important to get our
default set of versions right as well.

To check our current state wrt. upstream sources I also removed my
source dir and disabled all mirrors -- which resulted in a bunch of
changed SRC_URIs and udpated versions as well.

Since this touches some core files, I'd like you to take a look before I
push.

:M: