[oe] checksums situation

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 20:00:49 UTC 2009

Personally I feel the check that the src has not changed under our
fingers valuable, but I admit that adding the checksums is cumbersome.

Can't we automate this one way or another. E.g. if a .bb file is
checked in it is processed and the checksum is automatically added.
This could be done at server side or client side.
Or maybe harvest new checksums at regular intervals (e.g. from tinderbox).
Of course something should also be done in case a SRCREV changes.

FM.