[oe] checksums situation

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Feb 25 09:16:54 UTC 2009

On 13-02-09 17:28, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is nearly two years since conf/checksums.ini was introduced. We
> populated it with over 6000 entries during that time (mostly by
> automatic fetching of all source on CELF and EWI machines). But there
> are problems with it's format.

I think most issues people have with it can be solved (or worked around)
by setting

OE_STRICT_CHECKSUMS = ""

in either local.conf or bitbake.conf. It will make the checker still
abort if the sums changed, but missing sums aren't fatal and get
reported to the user[1] with a bb.note (as well as being put into
TMP/checksums.ini).

Another nice fix would be to check only the leafname, not the complete
uri. Collision isn't a problem since we put all files in a single dir
after downloading anyway.

regards,

Koen

[1] with bitbake 1.8.x, bitbake 1.9.x hides bb.note