[oe] fakeroot fails to build

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Feb 25 15:04:27 UTC 2009

On 25-02-09 09:23, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.02.2009, 08:57 +0100 schrieb Koen Kooi:
>> On 25-02-09 07:53, Mike (mwester) wrote:
>>> fakeroot fails to build -- any idea how we can fix this?
>> By reverting the merge of the sane-defaults branch that got merged with
>> zero review
>
> Ah right, I probably didn't wait long enough.

I think we should get rid of the "silence is approval" dogma, especially
since I needed to commit this today:

http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/commit/&id=d6a0ddf22540c930f8ab9033870eb6509713e5b7

and

http://cgit.openembedded.net/cgit.cgi?url=openembedded/commit/&id=98238944c784e673cab4691a861f3d9fa61f85a4

Since both automake and fakeroot are pretty important, dare I say
'core', a simple test would be nice before checking in changes. While
the automake problem wouldn't have shown up in review, the missing
fakeroot checksums would have.